Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let's get the party started!

Yay!!

My first post!

I think I will do a photo collage that briefly sums up my trip to the National Art Education Association Convention in Fort Worth that JUST happened this past weekend!!

My proposals were accepted so I was honored to share two of my lesson plans - Social Shacks and Needle Felting Self Portraits  (Links to the lesson plans COMING SOON!)

Fort Worth, TX is an amazing little town that is right down the road from me.

Enjoy my adventure and consider your own in this funky city!



This is Sandi.  She teaches art at Conway High School in South Carolina.  
We go waaaayyy back and got to have fun together at the convention! 




This is a peek into Hale House Vintage!  A fun and funky store that we came across!
Check out their FACEBOOK page and if you are in Fort Worth, go visit!!
(They now carry some Fartsy Arts jewelry! woo!!)

 The one thing I love about Texas is our SKIES!! Look at these clouds!
The Omni hotel, home of the NAEA 2013 convention!

Fort Worth has some of the COOLEST old signs.  I could have 
definitely taken a whole day to drive around and snap photos.

 A wonderfully eclectic coffee house called BREWED on Magnolia Ave.
It was hip, friendly, and filled to the ceiling with DIY! Drooool.

 Piranha sushi - YUM.

 Andy Warhol smooches.

The Stockyard Cattle Run.  Yeeehaw! 


I will save the rest for another time......

No comments:

Post a Comment